Monday, January 02, 2006

A Beginning of an Ending


Maria Robinson said, "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but everyone can start today and make a new ending." By focusing on my regrets, my "misdemeanours, misgivings, misfortunes, and Miss Whatever-Her-Name-Is", I end up losing my positive view of the future.

Today, I begin to look at the future as my good ending.

One of my 3 Grandfathers died yesterday (one left.) His was an example of a good ending. Although he was never the same joyful man he was before Grandma died, he still remained focused on being a good man, a stand up citizen, an example to myself and my own kids.

I mean to, I intend to, I will to leave my past regrets behind, and live a good ending.

It's Half Time. Time to regroup, replan, and revive my life for the second half, yet to come.

2 comments:

sawmaster said...

In Grandpa't terms it would be the 7th inning stretch. Let's all try for a homerun.

auntibeck said...

I am so proud of you, Chindo.