Sunday, July 02, 2006

Russian River


"May God give you luck and may the fish of the great sea face you."
Irish Blessing


I spent a great couple days fishing with my brother on the Russian River on the Kenai Peninsula in Alaska.

A jolt of energy that began in the lip of a giant rainbow trout traveled through the fly and up the line and down the rod into my hands. I'm still shocked. I'm still amazed.


When I released each of these beautiful creatures back into the rushing river, I felt their smooth bodies resume the liquid undulation that keeps them moving upstream. I still feel that movement. I still feel the shock.

5 comments:

coolskool mom said...

How do you know how to fish in the water with that kind of rod? What are those pants your wearing? You look like a real fisherman. Have fun...love ya lots and I cant wait to hear all about it.

Belle Etoile said...

It's amazing how our husbands can surprise us like that...

Unknown said...

Good job Chindo. Now, you'll be a pro when you come fish little Lake Britton.

sawmaster said...

It's born into us. We just have to reach down and find it. It's just like women with kids. Keep up the good work men, and I'll try to do my best to hook them up here. Fish on men.

auntibeck said...

Great outfit Fred! How neat and how beautiful--poetry in motion... Love from Aloha Mama and Hula Pop!