Saturday, March 10, 2007

The Church Doing What It Does Best


I made this video to share my experiences in Central America last week.

This little boy is at a church in Guatemala City. Poverty cripples the city and leaves orphans every day. I met children worse off than "Carlito", living in garbage dumps and eating what they find.

Carlito's story represents the stories of thousands of children who are served by the local church throughout Guatemala. Children's Hunger Fund is privileged to be able to supply the church with resources to serve needy children across America and around the world.

8 comments:

auntibeck said...

My heart is moved to tears for that precious child, Carlitos. He's a little boy who will grow up and what will happen to his life? For now he's getting food for his body and food for his soul. I pray it will sustain him until Jesus comes. Very touching, very moving Chind. I've never watched a child eat like that. No pickiness, no distraction, just eating because he's hungry. Lord, I can hardly bear it, help me to do something more than just my tears about my complacency.

Unknown said...

This left me speechless. Thanks for your hard work Chindo.

coolskool mom said...

I am so glad you are my husband!

The Mad Fishicist said...

Incredible video. I wonder where he'll end up.

pami sami said...

I don't even know what to say. This makes my heart ache.I can barely watch this video or open the stuff that i get in the mail about hungry children without crying. What a wonderful thing your doing, I love what CHF does.

Belle Etoile said...

I thought the same thing as AB - I've never seen a child eat like that.

Very touching indeed.

It seemed that he didn't even care that he was being filmed because he was so hungry.

David M Quinn said...

Thank you. I am reminded once again that the things which last forever are produced in the moments that are most temporary. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be satisfied.

auntibeck said...

I just watched again. I can't get that little boy out of my mind or my heart...