Sunday, May 20, 2007

Sculpted For His Glory


"Alexander - When will you finish Campaspe?
Apelles - Never finish: for always in absolute beauty there is somewhat above art."
- Lyly's Campaspe

At this point in her life I still hold one of the main sculptor roles. One day I will be positioned to sculpt a lot less.

But if I began sculpting more today and more every day after that, I could never make her any more than her creator, the master sculptor, has planned.

My daughter is 12. May God never finish the beautiful work he began in her before the foundations of the world.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You are an amazing daddy to Penny, and she is turning into such an amazing young lady. Keep up the good work.

coolskool mom said...

a beautiful work of art, both you and her and your relationship

auntibeck said...

Whoa. Tears to my eyes, as always.

auntibeck said...

From the Encourager

Chindo -
You're like an artist at work on your greatest masterpiece.

"The Plan of the Master Weaver"

My life is but a weaving between the Lord and me,
I may not choose the colors, he knows what they should be;
For He can view the pattern upon the upper side
While I can see it only on this, the under side.
Sometimes He weaveth sorrow, which seemeth strange to me;
But I will trust His judgment, and work on faithfully;
'Tis He who fills the shuttle, and He knows what is best,
So I shall weave in earnest, leaving to Him the rest.
Not till the loom is silent and the shuttles cease to fly
Shall God unroll the canvas and explain the reason why--
The dark threads are as needed in the Weaver's skillful hand
As the threads of gold and silver in the pattern He has planned.