Friday, March 03, 2006

Into The Deep

"I baptize you with water, but HE will baptize you with the Holy Spirit." - John The Baptist
Mark 1:8

When my father baptized me, it was then a ritual I wanted to undertake. It meant something deep, but at the time, I could only see it as obedience, as a demonstation of following Jesus. The true meaning didn't surface for me until I came to know the baptism that John said would come soon enough.

I'm still trying to find words to describe this Holy Spirit baptism that I swim through every day. I struggle to stay faithful when the world screams louder than the still small voice, and yet when I hear, and then I listen, and then I drink it deep, it becomes, not a struggle at all, but an ever increasing, world muting, wave of joy.

When my father and I baptised my daughter, I prayed that she would come to understand this baptism earlier in life than her old man. I pray she will know the voice of The Ghost before the world's noise invades her precious ears.

7 comments:

auntibeck said...

Amen and amen. Praise God for the Helper and that you know HIm, and your precious daughter knows Him too.

auntibeck said...

I praise God that you know the Comforter and that your precious daughter does too.

auntibeck said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Mad Fishicist said...

This daddy can't wait.

"Immersing their babies they pluck them from Hades"

coolskool mom said...

That was a great day and so much fun too!

coolskool mom said...

we need an updated blog!

auntibeck said...

Lord!
Embrace this daddy and daughter in the the safety of your love. I'm so proud to be dad and granddad to both of them!!