Thursday, February 23, 2006

Alegria Incomparable


Fatherhood is a joy beyond joy.

I teach Sunday School. The joy I get from sharing the love of God with wide open minds, draws me back again and again.

In Ottovalo, Ecuador, I met a boy named Javier. He has no father. He speaks no english.

In the two hours we spent together, I gave him all the fatherly love I'd been storing up on a week away from my own kids. I shared God's love with him, his brothers and sisters, and his mother.

Alegria incomparable.

Joy unmatched.

2 comments:

Belle Etoile said...

Speaking of Joy Unmatched, remember when you locked your room keys in the house at Dolpin Lodge, and you and Charif had to sleep in our room with us. Made for a real romantic honeymoonesque moment, didn't it? :)

Ahhhh, the memories....

The Chindo said...

it's not my fault! that weird american took it when I wasn't looking.